Saturday, May 10, 2014

The First Critic

101

Black out in the sun,
leave your ligaments behind –
you’ve fallen and
you deserve some rest.

I could lend you these
wrist accessories;
your character may want
some borrowed attitude.

This angst is stagnant,
and you can’t spell
“volatile” without love.

Find me in the isolation tank.

His heart hears signs that
are so often misconstrued as a pulse;
(but) his heart is broken chalk
in a rainstorm.

10

Black out on the sun,
blood spills from
the clouds like
a meteor shower.

I thought I wanted
to ask you something,
but I can never seem to
spit it out. Soooo……

“How was Easter?”
mine was quiet;

I want to tell you we belong
somewhere at the same time;
I think I want to ask you
somewhere.


1

Black out the sun.
Ice slice your eye sockets
as your heart slips
into its red giant phase.

She’s fleeting faster
than spring semester.
Sad to say –
no progress has been made.

The glass is half
broken and the remaining
shards are slurring their speech
in suspended liquid.

So dance in silence;
I’ll miss you from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment